EPF UAN Status
EPF UAN Status
A Universal account number is a 12 digit number that is attached to the identity of an employee. It remains with the employee lifetime, and you don’t need to change your UAN if you go for a new job. UAN has made the life of an employee much easier. Now you can easily make EPF withdrawals with the help of a UAN number, and you must know that a UAN number is mandatory for EPF withdrawals. Now you can download your EPF Passbooks easily. You can manage multiple accounts by just one UAN. You can check your account/company balance as well as your EPF Status.
Before checking your UAN Status, you must know that What is a UAN number and what are the necessary features that it is providing. Why each employee must have a UAN number.
A UAN status tells you whether your UAN is activated or not. You must understand the fact that you can’t check your UAN status if your UAN is not generated. You must contact your employer and get your UAN from him. Or you can also get it by just knowing the Provident fund number that is mentioned on the pay slip.
Before getting your UAN number registered, you must know the key facilities that EPFO provides to its employees:
- The activation of UAN makes you eligible for the online services of the EPFO. After the activation, you can access the dashboard of the UAN portal.
- You can download you EPF UAN passbook through the UAN portal. The Passbook has the updated statement of EPF contribution.
- You can check your EPF balance through a missed call or SMS.
- You can upload the scanned copy of KYC. The KYC would help you for the online verification.
- You can easily make an EPF withdrawal.
- You can easily transfer your PF online.
- You can list all of your PF accounts at one place.